torsdag 28. januar 2010

San Fran Ladies



3rd time in San Francisco and we end up shopping in the same area as always. 4 girls, one map, 3000 directions and no clue whatsoever - let's go to the mall (today!)

Luckily we found what has been on the top of my list since my first day in California: Cheesecake Factory. For those of you who haven't heard of it, it's not really a factory (I know, I was disappointed too..) but a restaurant (they have food as well - even more disappointing) AND they have more kinds of cheesecake than you could ever imagine (finally an upside to it!). To give you a taste of it (I could try anyway) here are some of your choices:
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE MUDSLIDE CHEESECAKE
WILD BLUEBERRY WHITE CHOCOLATE CHEESECAKE
CRAIG’S CRAZY CARROT CAKE CHEESECAKE
SNICKERS BAR CHUNKS CHEESECAKE
DUTCH APPLE CARAMEL STREUSEL CHEESECAKE
CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE-DOUGH CHEESECAKE
FRESH BANANA CREAM CHEESECAKE
And there were about 20 more. HOW TO CHOOSE!?!?
When we'd finally placed our order, not quite sure we'd made the right choice, the cakes arrived. And the pieces were BIIIIG and they were GOOOOOD.. We enjoyed it on a sunny rooftop - 8th floor on Macy's - looking out on beautiful San Francisco.

What did you do yesterday....?


Still waiting for a good line from Maria (for the daily Maria quote), in the meantime, let me humor you with "Quote from the street:"

Homeless people here are extremely nice. Exept some that say the strangest things.. Today a woman literally screamed at me:

"YOU LOOK LIKE A PSYCHO, MAM, AND ANOREXIC TOO! ..

Oh well. Better not wear THAT outfit again...

3 kommentarer:

  1. Ingrid!!! I love your blog!! Its hilarious :D Its so great to see my country through someone else's eyes :D I'm so glad that you're having fun!! But don't you have classes??? You haven't mentioned those... :p

    I feel I must mention some things in explanation of my country:
    - I don't know about all washers in the US, but at my house our washer has about 20 settings :)
    - I've never been to a movie theater like that in the US, just normal ones like in Paris, except lots bigger. I'm jealous!
    - I can't believe there were no liquor stores....bizarre. Maybe they're all too healthy for that in California?
    - also, I miss cheesecake!!!!

    can't wait for more stories :) Maybe I should do this for London...but I don't think it would be as entertaining :p

    gros gros bisous!!!!

    SvarSlett
  2. ...I realized I didn't sign.

    gros bisous, Annie :D

    SvarSlett
  3. Hey Annie!!! Great hearing from you! Thierry and I were just talking about you the other day, we miss you:)

    I can imagine it's funny seeing America through a Norwegian's eyes;) We love it here though. But don't say that about the cinema, I thought every cinema was like that!? It'll be a let down next time we go then..:P

    So the next story is just for you - thanks for reminding me, I totally forgot hehe - The University:)

    SvarSlett