tirsdag 26. januar 2010

Warm, hot or cold maybe?

First time doing laundry in the states and I'm prepared for the same washing instructions as back home (which took me a couple of years to figure out in the first place). But no. Here, you have to start over. What used to be a "simple" system with 27 different options depending on fabric, sensitivity and degrees, is here narrowed down to only THREE options: Hot, warm or cold. I mean, it does sound simple doesn't it, but it turned out to be a real head scratcher. How are we to choose? What about the difference between my cotton and my synthetic? Between my sheets and my sweaters? Can I even wash wool?
It's not easy I can assure you, so we googled it. Cold is supposed to be from 10 to 30 degrees celsius. Then warm is from 30 to about 45 and hot is from around 50 to 95...

Maybe we are too picky in Europe. Maybe they are too lazy in America, who am I to judge..

Maria quote no 2: "Yes, we're thinking about taking a road trip. First to Los Angeles and then to L.A."

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar