torsdag 18. mars 2010

St. Patty's!



Already as we left our apartment, people noticed us. Pointed, smiled, raised eyebrows or even said "they must be a part of the parade!" It kind of looked like we were. Maria and I had even sprayed our hair black for the occation. (not a brilliant idea as everything is black right now, the bathroom, our skin, the floor, our towels, the bedsheets..). But it was cool. While it lasted.

First up was one of the most famous irish bars in SF - Buena Vista. They're known for their irish coffee, and I can now see why. We had like a billion each. What started out as a pub-crawl ended up going back to this bar - no other bar was nearly as lively as this one even though they didn't even have music.

As mentioned, one irish coffee led to 40 irish coffees in a short amount of time, but that was only a small part of what made this night unforgettable (for every guest in the place). We decided that we would have dares! And we got addicted to it.. "I dare you to try on a stranger's jacket" "Make a guy do down-ward facing dog (yoga)" "try on that guy's glasses" "get a st. Patty's prop from someone". And after a while, we were not the only ones playing this game..

"Is this the dare-table?! Can I join?!" "Oooh, give me a dare as well!" Everyone in there knew what we were doing and they cheered us on as we did one crazy thing after the other.. They wanted pictures with us and someone even gave me the name "Kelly O'Brian, the St. Patty's fairy".. I might have to do with my green balloon wings (part of a dare) that were attached to my back and hitting everyone in the face everytime I past by. I didn't notice! But they sure did..

Even the manager of the bar came out to thank us for bringing such a good mood to his bar - and for having the best costumes. As the hours went on we got more and more st. Patty's stash (they were handing out a bunch of stuff) and we left the place looking like St. Patrick himself had vomited on us - you can not get more green.

What a day.. It lasted for over 10 hours.. The lecture 8am the next morning was tough. The rest of the day might belong to my dear bed. Good night, folks.





2 kommentarer:

  1. yay!!! I love St. Patrick's day in the US!! Some say we celebrate more than in Ireland.... :p

    SvarSlett
  2. I'm impressed. Did not know you would celebrate this in the US! Tho, I live in Liverpool which tbh isn't Ireland :P ALL of Liverpool was green! And I dyed my hair of course.. which I'm very much regretting today, since I have no clothes to match. Oh well.

    SvarSlett